Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Chainsawferret t1_j82fziv wrote

A visit to the groomers..

“I’m telling you this isn’t necessary! I snarled at my partner, as she pulled the K9 cruiser up to ‘Le Poodle Parlour’. I was beyond grumpy, I was furious.

“Look, it’s for your promotion photo. You’re up for promotion to Sergeant, remember?”

True, and if I hadn’t been bitten, probably would have made it sooner than I did. Still…”Ramona, it’s a Goddamn dog groomer!”

“And? How many Great Clips know how to trim tails?” She asked, as she put the car in park.

…damnit “ok point, but I’m not a dog!”

Sh e just looked at me “your radio call sign is Scrappy Doo”

“That’s because it pisses off Cooper.” and even at my full height..well it was less than impressive for someone of my breed, so to speak. Life’s tough for a 5”4” werewolf.

Officer Sandoval sighed “look, these guys do good work..and I’m pretty sure you’re not the only one in your situation to use this place. I asked around, ok?”

I could tell that this was going nowhere..and damnit, she was right. I was getting pretty scruffy when shifted. “Fine,” I mutter, wriggling out of my vest. “But I’m not going in there like this.”

It was weird. Very weird, going all the way to all fours. I have only done it a few times, mainly emergencies where I couldn’t fit in someplace any other way. Never realize how much you miss having thumbs till they are gone. “Ey, you don't need the leash!”

If I didn’t know my partner better, I’d swear she was enjoying this. Then again, it could be payback for the noodle case. “They won’t take any customers, not on one.”

…”Fine…”

I followed her sulking as we went into Le Poodle Parlour. I damn sure better get that promotion after this.