Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Xyragn t1_je9v5gr wrote

When I fell gobsmack in the middle of nowhere, I was surprized I retained all my memories, like seriously, I even had my favourite gun, not like I'd even get to use it here. The flowering feilds, the berry bushes, the shiny, pretty, rainbow everything, the woodland creatures and amazingly dressed adventurers, townsfolk. It's like I just entered a game, well I sort of did, seems I have a luxury item, the gun spell! I collect some berries and put them in my backpack, so I miight be a doomsday planner, so what? No zombie apocolypse here, no siree, just light, happiness, rainbows and a huge mound of shadow coming towards me, wait what? Running on adrenaline and instinct alone, I fire three shots head, heart, balls, I know it's improper, but hey, I panicked.

A sparkly 12 year old runs up to me, looking quite mad, her eyes are pink and shiny, who is she, walmart chibi moon in a larger dress? "What in the seven goddesses are you doing? We had the guy, and you destroy him before we can ask for information! I don't even know what spell you used, are you a wizard of the dark arts or something, an artificer way ahead of our time, an other worldly traveler? Explain yourself stranger!" WOW, she talks a lot, clearing my throat, I start rambling.

"For starters, he looks extremely terrifying, I have a thing, it's called a gun, it shoots and it keeps me safe, I am from another world, and am very disorientated, everything is weird, there is seemingly no doom, and I think I might have infinite ammo, what is going on?" I think I said more that moment than the last few months on earth! I think my hair is a little more wavy now, and my build more muscular. Discount Madoka Kaname stands up on her toes and starts talking even more, in an extremely high UWU voice, what on earth?

"You killed a guy we were tracking for days! At least join the resistance before doing that!"
"A resistance?" It seems this place isn't as safe as I thought, standing in an action stance and keeping my guard up I watch alertly, "Yeah, a resistance against the evil sugar fairies, they are stopping everyone else from being happy!" That- seems majorly less problematic than a zombie apocolypse, ah well, might as well join. "Sure, I'm in, you guys will feed me, give me shelter, maybe pay me, and give me water and like other basic needs right?"

"Uhhh, sure! Whatever you want funny man, just don't shoot anyone else pleaseeee?"
That seems reasonable, I nod my head and start following the skipping fake glitter heart. After a good five minutes of walking to town I start seeing traces of civilisation, garnering a lot of weird stares I see stalls selling all sorts of goods, as if my stomach was also seeing the sights, it grumbles. "Oh, it seems it's tea time, huh, neato, you don't have gold, silver, or things to trade do you?" What, isn't it obvious I'm broke, I fell out of the sky for goodness sakes! Don't tell me, she's broke too. "Are you also broke?" She looks at me, eyes wide, like when she saw me commit a major crime, but somehow worse "What, it's just a question." She seems to be shocked, "You have the audacity to assume a high ranking PRINCESS is broke, moneyless, and on the same level as a commoner? No offence, if you are a commoner though... yeah-"

"So, we both have no money, the only goods we have are your dumb sparkles and some tiny berries that I picked."
"Yeah, wait, berries? I have a duplication spell, let's do this! We can sell the excess too!"
"That's actually not a bad idea little anime girlie." Hopefully they have anime in this world.
"Anime? Either way, get those berries out forger!" Oh, no anime, well fake Taito, here are your berries, I am momentarily blinded by bright as the stars pink, until I see the berries growing out to split into more berries, she readies the spell, I put my head down and cover it with both my arms. "Done! let's trade and eat fellow brokeness"

We walk into the market stall after eating some somehow sweeter berries, we somehow managed to get a Shifu looking red panda to buy some in exchange for some gold, "OH MY GOSH, WE'RE RICH!!!" ow, my ears "Why are you yelling? Doesn't everyone here use that stuff?" "Yeah, but like gold is a huuuggeee deal here, its worth like half of my castle!" What- maybe the monarchy is failing here, or everyone is a princess with a castle, "Ok, how much is a gold actually worth though?"
"Oh, right, you don't know, around 3 thousand berries, 100 silver, 1000 copper, 10000 tin."
This system reminds me of some fantasy ones for some reason, but eh, not the worst way for an economy to work, we walk the market hoping to find me some clothes and her a new spell book or something.