Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

cobhalla t1_jdl8z24 wrote

Out of interest, one day you go and visit Goog in his office. He is sitting at his desk in a light blue and freshly pressed and starcheched button down. An absolutely tiny pair of glasses are perched on the bridge of his nose and he is carefully pondering some UML diagrams for a new feature to be implemented sometime in the next quarter.

You see he has an IDE open on a monitor with what looks like gibberish sprawled across the screen, though the Syntax seems correct enough from what you understand.

He notices you standing there a little longer than most people so in a moment of panic, you attempt to lean on the wall of his cubicle, but you accidentally knock over a small framed photo of him with a very young girl on his shoulders. She is holding an ice cream cone which is dripping onto his head, but he doesn't seem to notice. You carefully right the photo, and look back to see a look of confusion on his face, "Can I.... help you with something?" He asks with a concerned tone.

"Oh, uh... no, sorry. I was just curious as to how you were settling in?" You ask, trying to deflect the tension into some small talk.

"Quite well, actually. Everyone has been very accommodating." He says, grinning with a much more toothy smile than you are accustomed to.

"Very good, well, I hope you have a good day" you say, excusing yourself from the awkward situation.

Later on, you log into your terminal, and take a look at some of the code he has written, it is all just a mash of characters, nothing makes sense, but when you run the code, it does exactly what it is supposed to. You are baffled, but like everything in programming, if it works don't fuck it up right?

You make a note to ask him for some details later, but for now, that isn't necessary.... you think...

RoyalGarbage t1_jdonz6q wrote

That’s Orcish technology for you - works even when you’d swear it shouldn’t.

UltimateKane99 t1_jdquxu7 wrote

And if you try to do the same thing, it will throw every error the compiler has a hundred times over, and some that you'd swear are simply made up.

Feather_of_a_Jay t1_jdqqv5g wrote

How do they do it in Warhammer? They just believe it works, and therefore it does. Seems like a similar scenario here.