Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

peterhill160 t1_ityg1q8 wrote

"It's because I'm a nuclear bomb, aren't I?" I said it to the Minotaur straight. I could have sworn I've seen this Minotaur before. He was in another dream, I'm sure of it. Maybe. I don't know. All I knee was that I wasn't in immediate danger.

The Minotaur blinked. "Um...what?"

"I think you know what I mean," I said. "Kidnap me, and you have a nuclear weapon against your enemies."

The Minotaur shook his head. "No, you're..." He suddenly cleared his throat. "I mean, that's not why I want you. I want you because I like you, not because you're a...a nuclear bomb."

"Suuuure."

"No, no, I swear, it's true!" The Minotaur insisted. "When we met at the bar-"

"We didn't meet at a bar."

"...well, when we met, I was attracted to your bubbly personality. I even said so when we met." The Minotaur looked desperate now, equally as perplexed as what had come out of my mouth.

"And I told you then, I was off limits. I'm seeing someone already."

"...Who?"

"An Elderich Deity of Unspeakable Evil...and a lust for food."

At this point, I knew I'd crossed the line. The Minotaur looked away from me, turning his attention to the stage director. "He's not even taking it seriously!"

The director rolled his singular eye, stomping up the steps toward us. "Listen," He said in a deep voice, "ever since we found you and convinced you to embrace your destiny as the Chosen One, we've been trying to prepare you for infiltrating The Dark One's Fortress. You need to be able to think on your feet whenever his minions question you- when he questions you. You need to improvise." He let out a mighty huff. "You need to start taking this seriously." He poked me with his finger, and I nearly fell backwards.

"Fine, fine, fine," I sighed, regaining my balance. To be fair, I had no idea what he was talking about, but I went along with it. Dream or not, annoying a Cyclops was never a good idea. Probably. "I've messed you around long enough. Let's start getting serious."

I rolled my shoulders, and readied myself, hiding my smirk. This time, I'm going to be a radioactive marshmallow. Because this just a dream.

Right?