Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Kerrim66 t1_ixyxb2w wrote

"You did what?" Zaif screamed at the stone faced man in front of him.

The man in question was rocking back and forth a newborn baby with care. "Silent, the baby is sleeping. Also why are you this anxious, you knew this would happen a long time ago, brother."

"I didn't think you would adopt it. Brother, this little boy is the champion of righteousness, his job is to kill you, the infamous Blood stone Emperor." Zaif was getting more and more worked up because of his older brother's antics.

The man gave the baby to a maid waiting nearby. "Take care of the prince, if I hear him cry I will flay you..." The maid's hand trembled as she took the young prince away.

"Now, you are right, Zaif, this baby is supposed to kill me finally after a thousand years. But do you remember the prophecy?"

"Of course I do, the emperor of blood will cast his shadow on the lands for a thousand years, until a hope is born, the child shall birth dragons out of his blood, basilisks out of his flesh. The chosen cannot live in the presence of the emperor, thus the one coated with blood shall perish."

"Does the prophecy mention anything about the boy being a champion of righteousness or good? No, it doesn't, this is a detail some people have added so they could use him against me and destroy my empire. The kid is born evil, dragons and basilisks, they are not good creatures in nature but evil and the kid is supposed to summon them to this world."

"But that doesn't explain why you took him in instead of killing him?"

"I can't kill him, in better terms it is impossible to kill him, he is protected by fate. So, why not take him under me and teach him everything I know, he will take me out in the end but I will be the one who won in the end and my empire shall last for another thousand years." The emperor laughed as he looked at the city under his palace.

"How would he kill you? We are immortal, brother...."

"That we are, brother, but fate is fair, so the moment the kid was born I was stripped of my immortality, you are now the only immortal in this bleak and boring world. I want you to help my son as much as you can, Zaif."

"Do not worry, I shall protect him with everything I got. But what happened to his parents as you are now calling him your son?"

"I killed them....."