Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

VirtualTitan t1_iwvcits wrote

"I get that he's the child of prophesy, destined to do... something crazy... but like, do we HAVE to just let that little punk ransack our house? Couldn't we just... lock the door or something?"

"What?"

"Oh don't tell me it doesn't bother you too. The twerps like 3 feet tall and carries around that silly little toy sword. Why can't we just tell him to screw off when he just barges in?"

"Jerry... You can't be serious."

"Why not? "

"..."

"Well?"

"Alright. FINE! Next time the herio comes to town, YOU lock the door and tell him to screw off. I'd love to see it. "

"Don't be like that."

"No! Don't tell me how to be. Everytime the hero comes to town you shut up and stay quiet just like the rest of us. But the moment he leaves, THE MOMENT, you start treating everyone else like idiots for not telling the boy who single handedly KILLED AN EVIL WIZARD to... what was it? Screw off..."

"You don't actually believe that nonsense do you?"

"Oh my gods."

"The kid doesn't even wear armor! I can't even picture him killing the giant rats downstairs much less an evil wizard."

"Jerry, I honestly and truly hate you."

"For speaking the truth? If the king himself came to the village and started stealing everyone's valuables we'd be storming the castle that same day. Why do we let that stupid brat get away with it?"

"Please shut up."

"No I will not. It's about time someone put that little punk in his place. The next time shows his face around here I'm gonna give him a piece of my mind."

"Oh for the love of... please do. Please for the love of the gods tell the 10 year old who can pick up a boulder the size of our house everything you just said. Let's see how that goes."

"I will.

"Yeah ok."

"I'm dead serious. The next time that stupid toddler comes through that door I-"

BANG!

"Oh shit."

"Freaking perfect."

"..."

Rustle rustle... creak... YAAAAAH SMASH

"..."

"...well?"

"Shut up"

CRASH Rustle rustle Hey listen

"..."

"...What were you say-"

"I said shut up! Not now!"

"..."

SMASH Da-ding Da-ding

"H-hey... th-that's my... ehem... uhhh.... n-n-nevermind."

"..."

Creeeeak BANG

"..."

"...Hey Jerry."

"...y-yeah..."

"I never want to hear you complain about the hero again."

"... yeah... that's fair."

SafeSubject4790 t1_iwxx542 wrote

The moment the child came into existence, everyone felt it. The silly temporary rulers of Man, the omnipotent rulers of the ones above Man, Gods, they all convened when they felt it. Like wild animals running on instinct they met and discussed but when they finally came to a decision, it was to bow. The child seemed normal to its parents, but it was not. For it was connected to all and would grow to be the Final Ruler of all. A child that knew the secrets of the world and had the ability to bring them into the open or erase them completely was someone that no one could oppose. When the child matured, 18 years after its birth, everyone greeted the new ruler with a smile. The Universe itself had descended and come to rule, no one could argue. For who could argue with the very thing they wished to rule?

F00lioh t1_iwxzj6y wrote

It first started at the furthest reaches of the known world, far from the mana rich deposits and ley lines on top of which most of the civilized world resides. Then came the spirits, demons and mindless beasts imbued of magic that slowly began to disappear, die or revert to some non-magical form. Gods began to lose their power as the mighty dragons lost their fire, then their flight and eventually their very lives. It was when it hit the academies, temples, monasteries and palaces of magic, when some of the most complex magics stopped working and new magic could no longer be created that earnest effort was put in to investigate the cause. Unfortunately, the cause was never discovered, but the scholars frantically studying the problem began to see a pattern. Magic was disappearing in a manner and at a rate that seemed to lead to a point in time and space - a small village in the back country of the most powerful magical kingdom in the world that was founded on top of the largest mana deposit. The seers determined that a child would be born the exact moment all magic disappeared before their powers were lost.

The world was consumed with war and deprivation as the balance of power shifted. The different kingdoms and races frantically fought to to preserve themselves and their way of life as the immense benefits and luxuries that magic provided them slowly disappeared. Gods who had lost their power but retained their titles were especially ruthless and cruel in their pursuits, desperately hoping to hold onto power they inherently possessed as a divine right. As the last of the magics dissipated in the world, the Gods, rulers, and any who still held power converged on the village, awaiting the child of prophecy to be born, hoping and fearing that this child would be the sole source of magic and therefore the most powerful being in existence. It was fear that prevented any harm from visiting the child or its parents. Fear of losing the last hope for magic to return or fear from what devastation a child with all the magic in the world would cause. When the child was born, Gods and mortals who were now one in the same, bent the knee as the last vestiges of magic disappeared. It was terror that compelled them, terror at this unknown new world ushered in by the first child born to world with no magic - a child born to Rea that went by the name Reason.

AutoModerator t1_iwuzhf0 wrote

Welcome to the Prompt! All top-level comments must be a story or poem. Reply here for other comments.

Reminders:

>* Stories at least 100 words. Poems, 30 but include "[Poem]" >* Responses don't have to fulfill every detail >* See Reality Fiction and Simple Prompts for stricter titles >* Be civil in any feedback and follow the rules

🆕 New Here? ✏ Writing Help? 📢 News 💬 Discord

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.