Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

embasdad t1_ixmf6x2 wrote

Sitting in the bushes, I unblinkly stared at the dirt road in front of me. I don’t want to miss a second of what's about to happen. All of my hard work for the past month is going to finally pay off.

In the distance, I saw a flash of familiar brown hair. My heart starts pounding as I see the hair come closer and closer. My enemy finally comes into full view but something is wrong. Something is terribly wrong. “Oh no,” I audibly said.

I hurriedly moved out of the bushes to disengage my trap. I started to sprint, but it was too late. The trap is engaged. I walked into the road and looked into the trees, I saw the brown-haired man that was my target hanging by his leg in the tree. Next to him in the tree is a child.

“What the hell, man,” said Frank, my mortal enemy.

“You never have a kid with you when you come this way!” I yelled back at him.

“His mom is out of town,” Frank said, holding his child as they swung from the tree.

“You should have got a babysitter,” I said, rapidly thinking of my next move.

“Money is tight right now.” Frank said, as he and his child were now spinning in circles. “Can you let us down?”

“No, I worked hard on this,” I said, trying to figure out any other way to handle this situation. “Maybe I can just let the kid down.”

“You can’t let a kid run around unattended,” Frank said. I started to pace.

Frank is right, I can’t let a kid walk around unattended. I’m not a monster.

“If I let you down, will you promise to walk in the same spot tomorrow?”

“His mom doesn’t get home until Wednesday.”

“What about Thursday? Can you walk the same path on Thursday?” I said hopefully.

“I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday, how about Friday?” Frank said back.

I thought about it for a second and that worked for me. “Friday works for me!” I said as I walked over to the tree the rope was tied to and let the two down. I walked over to Frank and we shook hands.

“See you Friday,” Said Frank as he started to walk away with his child.

“Not if I see you first,” I said back as I walked back to gather my trap so that I would be able to use it again on Friday.

Crystal1501 OP t1_ixmib91 wrote

Love this! Clearly a frenemies relationship between the two!