Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SafeSubject4790 t1_iwy5je7 wrote

Pt 2

After taking a trip to an old house that my mother's family owns, I went through whatever old memories the generations had not yet gotten to. There I found some real answers, or at least ones that gave a clue towards my origin. There were old pictures of freakshow attractions from the early 1900s, seems our family really did have oddities but were hidden away from time and the rest of the family. I saw great great uncles who were seemed strangely bovine in the pictures, these pictures had the writing, "Meet the fantastic Beef Brothers, as strong as bulls and as large as an ox." Then a picture of a woman with bright eyes and a strange white material around her chest. "Meet the steamy Anna, a heart as cold as ice but eyes that burn with a passion!" I sorted and looked and found more and more pictures of all these people, who seemed to have conditions similar to mine.

I didn't know what to think, why didn't my parents tell me about this? But, seeing these pictures, it's obvious they didn't know. Or at least they claimed they did. My family had apparently had this problem for hundreds of generations, but no one had ever noticed. Until me, it's possible the genetics had mutated in me. The amount of people that didn't have any fascinating traits currently seemed to be tied to the fact that having kids with normal people seemed to bury the trait, but with me it had popped back up. My father's side must be similar for the gene to have popped back up stronger than ever since a generation or so ago. It doesn't seem like there's any solution but there is a unique opportunity here, I can track down some of my distant relatives and learn about my family.