Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Philosopher_1234 t1_iy9tjpl wrote

I walked little Suzy out to her parents car. I've been her teacher all year and haven't met her mom yet. She has missed every parent teacher conference. Only responds by email, usually late at night. So there's always a delay in communication. Which is ok. I'm up late. Being one of the big 3 heroes means a lot of late nights, being a teacher means a lot of late nights. I basically don't sleep much.

"Moooom!" Yells Suzy as she goes running across the parking lot. At this point all I knew about Suzy home life was that she had a single mom that works a lot. Suzy, unlike most of my kids, doesn't talk about home much. Usually that's a sign of trouble at home but I don't get that feeling from Suzy.

"Hi Ms. Patterson, I'm Ms. Jones" I say while walking up to the car. I gotta keep it brief, Mrs Fantastic is needed in the city tonight. There are rumors that the Dark Queen is planning a bank robbery.

Suzy's mom looks up and I see her, for the first time I'm meeting her mom and I immediately recognize her. Her mom is the Dark Queen. "Oh shit" I whisper.

"Hi Ms Jones, so nice to meet you. Suzy, you didn't tell me how pretty Ms Jones is "

Is she really flirting with me right now? OMG

"Thank you." I don't know what else to say. Yes she's attractive, I've always thought that of the Dark Queen but she's literally the leader of the Knights of Chaos. The reason we're always so busy at night.

"Suzy honey go ahead and get in the car. I want a quick minute with Ms Jones"

Suzy jumped in the car without a word.

"How about coffee tonight Ms Jones or should I say Fantastic?"

"Coffee? Really? You're asking me on a date? You of all people know I have work tonight. "

"True but if I'm having coffee with you, then there's no reason for you to work tonight. You know exactly where I am at"

It made sense. So I agreed.

That was five years ago. Now I'm the Light Queen. The heroes all answer to me. The criminals all answer to my wife. Murders are down 90%, the city is safer than ever, and only one news anchor ever questions why I can't seem to stop the Dark Queen. Of course we laugh about it after our battles, when we're home with our little Suzy.

Fontaigne t1_iycffdw wrote

Nice. I'll buy it, because "murder down 90%" sells it.