Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TenNinetythree t1_j1vij0j wrote

OOC: I am taking this in a very weird direction inspired by nothing but my daydreams.

There are five sigils on the temple of Inikra. The first is that of the Kyleth, the Ji-Hatane (the Ji of the land). These large creatures live for adventure, the plains, the mountains, the forests, the steppes. Their entire culture is based on their rugged individualism, but not only that but so is their biology: They do not gain their typical adult skin tone of deep blue unless they spent an entire year alone relying on nothing but their wit, strength and cunning. Their nomadic culture generally didn't lend itself to founding permanent settlements, but the crown of the Kyleth tribes is Kyl, their one and only city. It plays such an important role in Kyleth identity that the Kyleth are named after the city, not the other way around. In their language, Kyleth means those who are allowed in Kyl.

The second sigil is that of the M'lkha, the Ji-Moulok (the Ji of the ground). They are a complete subterranean species after they hunted their overworld prey creatures to extinction. The last survivors of the Cataclysm. Small, eyeless bipedals that seem to be very communally minded and dispassionate or sombre in their dealings. That didn't stop them from forming networks of mines, mushroom farms and tunnels that spread under entire continents. They have a massive network of small settlements, many bearing names that supposedly stem from before the Cataclysm.

The third sigil is for the Kariten, the Ji-Susune (the Ji of the sky). They used magic to take to the sky and never looked back. Their appearance resembles smaller, juvenile reddish Kyleth with wings. They land only twice in their lives: When they give birth and when they die. While many consider the Kariten savages because they lack many of the traditional trappings of culture, they have their own magical traditions and their oral tradition is immense. They don't have cities or similar settlements but instead swarms that life, hunt, sing and reminisce together.

The fourth sigil is for the Waveborn, the Ji-Hatlith (the Ji of the depths). Little is known about them except for their grandiose cities under the sea with names no landborn, soilborn or airborn tongue can even hope to pronounce and their festivals in which the depths carry the lights of the royals families.

Then there is the fifth sigil. The Ji-Katay-ja-janda (the Ji of those who leave/left/will leave, old Tara-Kyl has no explicitely marked tenses). It is said that these took to the world beyond the sky. And that they never returned. Many species all over the planet call shooting stars "Lights of the Seydya", the supposed name of the species.

Mr_PizzaCat OP t1_j1vr7pm wrote

Weird direction but I enjoyed reading it and would for sure read more. Good stuff thank you

TenNinetythree t1_j1vyzjd wrote

Did you notice that the M'lkha are Morlock-expies from "The Time Machine"?

Mr_PizzaCat OP t1_j1w23s1 wrote

Not in the slightest I am not smart enough for that.