Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Reduku t1_j2ehvm5 wrote

The guilt and regret set in as my fury passed and the brat ran out of my gym clutching his poor battered charmander in what could only be described as blind terror. A deep sigh escaped from me as I recalled my Steelix. The old gal was from my original team that I challenged one of the elite four with to get my license to run my gym. She was well into 80s level wise and definitely not a fair choice choice to send out against that 10th level charmander, especially with an inexperienced trainer with no gym badges. I mean the cocky brat had it coming, but at 31, I shouldn't have let that get under my skin. If the brat recovered his wits enough I might even get a visit from a league representative, if he ever recovered from the trauma that is. I've seen average trainers with a couple of badges under their belt, soil themselves from seeing a 50th level wild pokemon let alone a highly trained 80th level one. I needed to find an outlet for my frustration. I guess this is the reason the first gym slot was so frequently vacant. Heading to the reception area, I mused on that ranked badge idea the fossil researchers and I discussed last weekend at the bar. It wasn't to far of a stretch considering the increasing popularity of rematchs growing among serious trainers. If only I could get a league representative to bite... If that brat reports me, it would be dead in the water coming from me, maybe misty would have more luck. I should visit her this weekend and pitch the idea...