Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

HelloWorld1352 t1_j1goeem wrote

After trekking through the Goblin Forest for hours, Liana and Robert finally made it out. From there, it was only a short walk to the nearest village, one inhabited by dwarves.

The dwarf village was certainly unique, to say the least. The houses were made of rock and stone, half buried in the ground. They seemed to resemble miniature hills.

Much like the elves in her own village, the dwarves were visibly alarmed seeing the gargantuan robot walk about their land, running inside their homes and peeping through the curtains at the sight.

“It’s okay. We’re friendly!” Liana shouted, to no avail. “Is there a place we can stay for the night?”

“These dwarves do not appear to be comfortable with my presence. Immediate vacation of the premises is advised.” said Robert.

Liana nodded.

“You have a point. Better get a move on, then.”

The visitors continued walking through the village, only to be interrupted by an elderly voice.

“Wait!”

They turned to see an old dwarf woman calling at them from her doorway.

“You’re free to stay with me if you like!”

Before she knew it, Liana was enjoying a delicious meal with the the old dwarf woman and her husband. Dinner consisted of a thick stew filled with carrot, onion and potato. Robert and the woman’s husband, Hammond, were engaged in a conversation about the exact structure of Robert’s body.

“You’re saying that you’re made of sand?”

“Not exactly. Silicon has vastly useful properties that makes them extremely important for use in most electronic devices.”

“You’re making that up. I’ve never heard of such a substance, let alone one derived from sand!”

“Do not feel frustrated. My creators are far more technologically advanced than your kind.”

Liana quickly finished her meal and went to bed, not wanting to stick around to hear the rest of the resulting conversation. Shutting her eyes, she drifted off to sleep.

“The Tenebris population is exponentially increasing. If we don’t do anything about this soon, all of Earth will be consumed.”

MechisX t1_j1h09ig wrote

We not only managed to put electricity inside of sand we also tricked it into thinking also. :)

AutoModerator t1_j1d7x6c wrote

Welcome to the Prompt! All top-level comments must be a story or poem. Reply here for other comments.

Reminders:

>* Stories at least 100 words. Poems, 30 but include "[Poem]" >* Responses don't have to fulfill every detail >* See Reality Fiction and Simple Prompts for stricter titles >* Be civil in any feedback and follow the rules

🆕 New Here? ✏ Writing Help? 📢 News 💬 Discord

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

TypicalPunUser t1_j1gzzng wrote

"What is sand, but a finely ground up mineral to be refined in various ways?"

"Tha' be nuthin' bu' unrefine glass yi ijit!"