Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Reformed_Narcissist t1_j0m1bwk wrote

“HOLD THE DOOR! HOLD THE DOOR!!!” I shouted as I sprinted to the closing doors.

The elevator was nearly full but I didn’t care. Oh god, I was so screwed. That meeting was at 5 and it’s already 5 passed.

“Accounting,” I pant as I just make it in. Somehow, I avoided colliding with anyone and did my best to straighten up next to a person dressed in a very conspicuous outfit.

After a beat, I turn toward the patriotic figure and say, “Holy crap, you’re Captain America.”

Captain America turns to me and grimaces and I check myself. He must be terribly busy and upset with Director Fury gone and being a war hero and everything.

I think of what to say and am saved when the person in front of me, turns to Cap and says “sorry about what happened with Fury, if you need someone to talk to.”

Cap simply replies, “Thank you.”

How dignified.

After a somewhat awkward silence and few more floors and some more people, Cap says, “Does anyone want to get out?”

I see it’s my floor and say ”yeah, it’s my floor.”

I move to go and then turn around and say, “Sorry about Director Fury. I hope things turn out okay.”

Cap looks at me with slight surprise and then smiles and says , “Thank you.”

I smile back and rush to my meeting. Maybe this day wasn’t a total bust.

archtech88 t1_j0muq2m wrote

Headcanon that this is the guy who was playing galaga on the bridge

Demios630 t1_j0ngnpj wrote

That guy actually became the owner of a pmc, and recently died in a confrontation in Mexico involving some SAS and Mexican armed forces.

Zshredder31 t1_j0pqum5 wrote

For a second I legitimately thought that Warren Kole actually died in a shootout with the Mexican government and got extremely confused lol