Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Voidbearer2kn17 t1_j0mgu6m wrote

"Actually, if you can let me out at 5, that would be great." I say softly, the stares from the other men make me feel uncomfortable. I feel like I am in a disciplinary meeting with some people with exceptional anger control issues, and the desire to leave is almost overwhelming.

My phone rings, and I can hear someone curse at me while I answer my phone.

"I am sorry that I am late, I am in the elevator." I answer as I step back, bumping into the other guy with a briefcase. I try to ignore the heavy thunk noise as I try to make my way to the front of the car.

"You should've known you were going to be late and planned accordingly." The person on the end of the line snaps.

"Hey, I didn't know about the goddamn traffic holdup! It's not like I had a magic 8-ball that would've told me, there will be a twenty car pile-up on the freeway." I yell back, waving my arm for emphasis. My fist connecting with the jaw of the guy with the no longer secret magnetic cuff for Cap, knocking him out.

"You are the one that called the meeting, and even when I told you I would be late, you still demanded that I somehow bend Time and Space to make it to the Triskelion. You have no right to make demands of me when I have to obey the laws of this planet." I continue to rant as I ram bodily into Stilwell who stumbles into the goon he has in front of.

Cap takes advantage of the situation and swiftly defeats the others. He looks at me, his body tense, but his face shows confusion.

"You have other places to be, Steve." I say, smashing the reinforced window. "Not here being the top priority. Go."

He nods and hurls himself out of the window, his shield taking the hit first.

"I need to get to my meeting to speak with Fury."

Topgunshotgun45 t1_j0mh7ms wrote

Wasn't Fury believed to be dead by this point?

Voidbearer2kn17 t1_j0mj49v wrote

Yes, that was the public perception of the event. However, Fury did have a hidden 'toolbox' he gave to Coulson which had a plethora of secrets, not mention secret bases that even SHIELD were not aware of.

Myelix t1_j0mmikv wrote

Some of them which were used during agents of SHIELD, too.

Voidbearer2kn17 t1_j0mnnbl wrote

Some. Yes. Not all. And the best way to hide secrets is to make the secrets you want them to find out about difficult, but not impossible to get into. Why would you hide anymore after that?