Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

WoodsTellsTales t1_j0w06m5 wrote

A great knight is expected to battle many dangers in life. From dangerous terrain to monsters larger than life, there’s no rest for the weary. My days are often faced with trials and tribulations only befitting a hero of legend.

Today was no different.

I conquered the darkness underneath my bed, undeterred by the monsters lurking within. I wrangled a furry four-legged beast into submission and even dared to confront the green demons that plagued my evening meal. Despite these obstacles, I made it through the day relatively unscathed. Or so I thought.

When subduing Max, our four-legged beast of legend, I was wounded in the most pitiful of ways. Max’s altercation with a squirrel led to chaos, and despite my super-strength, the leash I tethered to my furry friend dragged me to the ground. While I was able to control the beast in the end, the scrapes on my knees and elbows bore wounds so horrific, I may never walk again.

But I’m a hero.

I remained strong.

Well, until my evening bath.

That woman that cares for me attempted to remove my pants despite my protests that no fair maiden should witness wounds as bad as mine. But her words were kind, and my dissent soon withered under her persistence. Her eyes widened as she took in my body's trauma, but she claimed to have just the medication to fix it.

Her lips soon puckered, and she planted the softest kisses on each knee.

How dare she kiss me?

The great knight of legend does not require such treatment.

But my wounds did feel better.

I asked her to kiss them again, just to make sure they were okay.

After all, I, the great knight of legend, had to be ready for the battles of the next day.