Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

rmwright70 t1_j02a7wq wrote

Very good story. 2 differences between "King's English" and "American English" pulled me out. First, we call a subway train arriving a 'Train' not a 'Carriage'. Second, Kent was in "the men's room" or "the Bathroom" the whole time, not 'the toilets'. The wording just broke the illusion. The British slang the Director used was OK though... makes it feel like he spent a long time as an agent in the UK (or grew up in the UK as the son of an Agent).

LyonDeTerre t1_j02akvc wrote

Ah, heres me calling it a carriage because for a second I thought train was the UK term. Thanks for the heads up, I'll make the edits now cheers.

PS I went for 'boshjob' because I was trying to make a cheeky reference to Clinton and 'blowjob'. May be a bit of a stretch, glad it worked kinda

Funandgeeky t1_j02uglk wrote

I did like the Bush and Clinton reference. I just assumed those were fake names the agents used to conceal their real identities. Kind of like how Sam and Dean got creative with their fake names on Supernatural.

Overall this is a great story and perfectly in character for Clark/Superman. Perfectly playing the innocent, Kansas farmboy while working the long game.

LyonDeTerre t1_j0334bn wrote

Thanks. Im undecided if they're their real names or not. I tried to low-key make their characteristics match the real Bush and Clinton.

High praise though, thank you kindly my dude