Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AutoModerator t1_j1mzscs wrote

Welcome to the Prompt! All top-level comments must be a story or poem. Reply here for other comments.

Reminders:

>* Stories at least 100 words. Poems, 30 but include "[Poem]" >* Responses don't have to fulfill every detail >* See Reality Fiction and Simple Prompts for stricter titles >* Be civil in any feedback and follow the rules

🆕 New Here? ✏ Writing Help? 📢 News 💬 Discord

I am a bot, and this action was performed automatically. Please contact the moderators of this subreddit if you have any questions or concerns.

SpermWhaleGodKing t1_j1n1ik4 wrote

Wait so it’s basically just work, but without all of the time off?? That sounds very much like hell my friend

PyrokineticZulu OP t1_j1n5c6j wrote

People are allowed to interpret it however they want

In my mind though, they work regular full-part time shifts and in between shifts they are released into e afterlife and do whatever kind of relaxation they did in their mortal life.

And the jobs are surprisingly easy in a spiritual form. So much so they barely pay attention, and do whatever else they feel they should.

5tr4nGe t1_j1nqeet wrote

Bro, I don't know what jobs you've had, but you just described hell.

Disastrous-Ad-9116 t1_j1nwv5e wrote

I found a loophole. Lets say soldiers die in battle. If that was their first job wouldn't they fight for all eternity? And for who? And against who? And why?

PyrokineticZulu OP t1_j1nz0ev wrote

You’re allowed to interpret it however you want.

In my mind though, they’d become a standing soldier who would spend most of their time living however they did before they were drafted and get called upon whenever whoever needs them, or whatever.