Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

ThatQuiyoext t1_j6gn011 wrote

A character who Is doing everything in their power to avoid dying in various and increasingly absurd Ways to avoid getting Isekai'ed (Think Final Destination but they know Dying equals Reincarnation they DONT Want to be a Part of.)

reikutohno OP t1_j6lkyrd wrote

His eyes widened when he heard his alarm blaring. His phone was placed near his head.

Dangerous.

Immediately, he rolled out of the bed. Within seconds, the phone battery exploded, scattering shards of the device.

Wide awake, he looked around frantically. His senses were honed after going through this every single day. He rolled to the as the shards somehow nudged the bowling ball on his shelf. It missed him by the ear.

The bowling ball was probably placed there by one of his parents.

Of course.

Taking a bath was problematic. He had to check that there were no exposed wires from the shower heater. He had to remove the shower curtains as the bar was unstable. Ah, yes, an unfortunate slip would be disastrous.

As he was wiping his face, he sensed a chill down his spine. He immediately placed his towel between himself and the mirror. At that moment, the mirror slid down the sink and shattered. Glass shards shot towards him but the towel caught it.

He couldn’t even relax while getting dressed. His pants legs would keep trying to get caught with each other. An attempt to make him stumble. He also had to jump back when getting his shirt because the cabinet collapsed. Again.

At breakfast, his parents looked at him eagerly as he ate. He groaned.

“Damn, poison immunity,” his dad exclaimed.

“Curses aren’t working either,” his mom sighed.

That’s right. His parents were both heroes from another world. Well, partially. His dad got transported to another world. As a hero, his dad saved that world and married his mom. And now they returned to Earth.

“Can you two stop trying to send me there already?!”

“My, my. It can’t be helped. The goddess is requesting help,” his mom said with a lovely smile. If only they haven’t been trying to kill him “accidentally” since his coming of age. For some reason, it had to be by accident. His heroic abilities have been growing because of it but it was still a hassle.

“Whatever, I’m going.” He rushed to head out as soon as he finished. Immediately, he got hit by a speeding truck, even though it made no sense.

At least, it would if he hadn’t seen that occur several times. Of course, he unlocked some skills already, so the truck hit a wooden dummy instead. He already appeared right across the street.

He turned the corner, and a woman was screaming about her bag being snatched.

A dodge to the right because, of course, the culprit had a knife. And they thought of stabbing the next person in their way. A leg out to make them stumble, and a swift chop to the back of their neck.

“This would be so cool if they stop trying to kill me,” he sighed and stepped to the right. Of course, someone accidentally dropped their really heavy plant pot.

On the next street, he had to dodge a drunk driver. Yes, this early in the morning. Then avoid the falling pole from the crash. And then roll out of the way of the live wires that would have precisely landed on him.

Another normal day.