Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

lakegirl98 t1_j6oss69 wrote

Just the top of my head peers out of the water, watching as the goons unload crates from a nearby semi onto their boat... Their island base sat empty with "For Sale" signs on the banks for years because of the lack of power lines. Guess that doesn't matter when you have technology that far outruns a regular generator....

Shockwave moved to the area 3 years ago and completely took over the lake... Business owners cower before him, and what was once a flourishing summer destination is now completely dead.... Why travel to a lake where everyone is scared to go on the water?

For years, my powers seemed pointless, but now I'm the favorite spy amongst the Gifted... Remember the intro scene to Percy Jackson where he's sitting in the pool? Sometime during my teens, I accidentally discovered that I could do the same. Breathing underwater was little more than a party trick, or so I thought... Now, it's the only way to get near Shockwave and his followers without getting launched into a nearby building.

So here I sit, peeking out of the water like a demented crocodile, gathering information for those with more interesting powers...