Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

MadameScientist t1_j5czaen wrote

Discovering the undeniable truth of reincarnation was a global game changer. Banks were the first to act in applying unpaid debts to the next incarnation. This set off a massive debate in religious communities that were already aflame at the confirmation of the lack of permanent afterlife. In many religions, curses and sins are burdens to be handled by following generations. These later generations who used to serve as the immortalization of a person now lost their significance when it was discovered there were already the immortalizations reincarnated.

For millenia, ancient prophets were promised offspring to outnumber the stars that would forever signify that prophets importance. What meaning is that when they became their own grand children? Were only those who were reincarnated of the chosen people?

Since the beginning, people have been cursed and their descendants doomed by proxy. What is the point of targeting entire families when the aggressors can destroy their true target again and again?

This religious outrage ultimately spilled over into government policy. The most noteable was the complete rectification act. Predominantly christian nations (which were rapidly reforming into karmically compatible versions) insisted on justice befitting "those who love all as God loves all". Funny how justice, love, and eventually punishment can be wrapped up together in a nice little bow. The result was the carry over of crime into new lives. If you didnt make amends for your crimes in the life you committed them, your next life would be halted until you did so.

Thats how I, at the ripe age of 8 ended up in prison. It was weird how many other young kids were there with me - the youngest was only 3. It all depended on when you started showing indicators of your previous life. I've read in history books that prisons used to be brutal places where you ate terrible food and got stabbed all the time. Once during rec time they showed us this retro movie called "The Shawshank Redemption". I'm not saying we're treated well, but since most of us are only kids we're treated better than that. We're put to work mostly, doing labor best suited to tiny hands. At this point I'm convinced they only put in the new law to unlock new avenues for labor, but at the end of the day, what do i know? We still have to attend school and I've been reading alot of history and philosophy in my spare time, but I hardly know anything about the outside world. That brings me to why I'm telling you all this.

The issue is, I'm in for a life sentence. At 8 years old, I learned the rest of my life would be spent in prison because my past life was somesort of crime lord. Thats the other weird part, since I'm under 18 they won't give me all the details yet. Well, I've decided I don't care.

I'm getting out of this hellhole. The way I see it, I didn't commit any crimes. I've been told that the residual memory is impacting me even now blah blah blah but that doesn't mean I as I am now would do any of the same things. These rules don't consider me as my own person - only as a puppet of my past life's memory. I deserve to choose my life and so I've made a plan to escape.

Its dangerous, as all plans are. I haven't had the 19 years that Andy had to escape Shawshank, but I think I can pull it off. Its possible if they can't stop me from escaping, they'll try to kill me. Then they'll find me in my next life and bring me right back here. So I'm hiding this message with one of the young lifers. He's promised he'll give it to ... me... if I end up back here.

Remember, you are your own person. You're not the criminal who's debt you're paying. You're not even me, who tried and failed to escape. You deserve a choice. If you're reading this, it means I didn't get mine but I promise you that you deserve yours.