Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

[deleted] t1_irzlw0i wrote

[removed]

−3

AllThingsAreReady OP t1_irzrkkg wrote

Comments like this always make me laugh. You’re not actually answering the question, you’re just using it as an excuse to repeat an opinion. What do you mean by “minimal”? Compared to a giant volcano? I’d imagine a festival produces rather a lot more than say, an individual human? A car? A house? So there is a scale, and unless you believe that human activity contributes nothing to climate change and/or it’s a hoax, then it’s important to know what human activities are the most polluting, right?

VezurMathYT t1_is04sco wrote

Super volcano eruptions are major events that can affect the global climate in massive ways. Think mass extinction levels.

Even if humans are not producing as much as that, it doesn't mean we don't produce an insane amount of CO2. And it doesn't mean that our production isn't fast and affecting the climate.

Your comment is irrelevant and just an absurd comparison. It's like saying "Billybob isn't a serial killer, he only killed 5 people. I heard of a guy that killed 500 people." You see, both of them are serial killers. Both super volcanoes and human emissions can and do affect climate, and we can reduce our emissions.