Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

dittybopper_05H t1_is5l0vo wrote

What the others have said.

BTW, if you have no thyroid, like the distaffbopper, then you don't need to take Iodine because Iodine, radioactive or not, is only taken up by the thyroid.

In fact, after they removed her thyroid, they put her on a low Iodine diet to "starve" any remaining thyroid cells (cancerous or not) and then gave her a dose of Iodine-131. The littlebopper and I had to stay away for a couple of days, and then limit close contact with her for a week or two. We stayed with relatives over the weekend, then I slept on the couch until it was safe to sleep in the same bed.

raygundan t1_is5ruk0 wrote

Always wild to trip over somebody from that other den of iniquity floating around here. Normally I'd just chalk it up to coincidence in usernames, but I'll be genuinely shocked if anybody else on earth uses the term "distaffbopper."

dittybopper_05H t1_is66o8d wrote

Well, there is another "Dittybopper" here on Reddit, and by coincidence he also shoots muzzleloaders and was also a Morse interceptor, so I had to tack the _05H on my name to distinguish.

Yeah, I'm here now, because apparently I've been shadow-banned on the F-word. I think it was specifically one mod, and he didn't even have the guts to tell me I was banned. Just gave me a 30 day time out, and then it looked like I could post, but I couldn't. Only I could see the posts, and they "fell off" after a day or so.

And yeah, distaffbopper is kind of unique.

Here's why I use it:
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/distaff

(also collective) A woman, or women considered as a group.

raygundan t1_is6e4s9 wrote

"Distaffbopper" always made sense in context... it's just genuinely unique to you, as far as I know.