Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

TheZigRat t1_j6avwtq wrote

Food

phred_666 t1_j6bbic2 wrote

It’s always food. Or revenge for not getting their food to them on time.

katee_kat_kat t1_j6b6rfa wrote

Am I a terrible person for immediately thinking “ears”

misskittysquirrel t1_j6blvqx wrote

>Nope, the folded ear cartilage is evidence they most definitely have a genetic mutation that causes problems with the cartilage in their whole body. So degenerative joint disease, arthritis, etc....so cute. Eventually they sit like little humans too, because their joints hurt.

katee_kat_kat t1_j6br0re wrote

Yeah, a good friend got a Scottish Fold before knowing that basically they go crippled in 5 to 6 years a lot of the time. Sweetest kitty but always in pain :(

Please don't get this kind or kitty

rosiebees t1_j6f5v7g wrote

I thought the same, glad my government banned them altogether (exempting existing ones, they can live out their life in painful peace)

Apocalypso-YouTube t1_j6goaz4 wrote

My government needs to do the same thing to flat-faced dogs and cats, but it will never happen because they make too much money.

misskittysquirrel t1_j6biv0g wrote

Properly functioning cartilage so they don't have to live with crippling arthritis and degenerative joint disease? There's a reason Scottish Folds can't even be registered as a pedigree cat in the UK where they came from. Breeding for painful genetic mutations just so you can enjoy taking pics of folded ears is not "cute".

evilbunny101 OP t1_j6bjboa wrote

I read the articles. I take mine to the vet regularly. They’re spayed and neutered, vaccines up to date. My oldest boy has a heart defect that I give him vet prescribed pills for, daily. They, and the other 3 not pictured, are well cared for. I always wanted one after taking care of rescues for so long. Happenstance lead me to have 4. My eldest cats are rescues and will be 13 this year.

−15

misskittysquirrel t1_j6bngum wrote

Also you commented elsewhere that you got 4 scottish folds from the same breeder. That's not "happenstance". Scottish folds tend to get hypertrophic cardiomyopathy too, so enjoy! I'm actually not knocking for for wanting to get a specific breed instead of a random dumpster cat, but for getting THAT breed heck yeah.

evilbunny101 OP t1_j6dlg9y wrote

I got them from the same breeder that has veterinary training and her daughter is a veterinarian. I paid for one. I ended up with 4. I used "happenstance" the correct way. I understand arthritis and joint pain. I felt that getting them from a breeder was the same notion as getting my Labrador from a breeder. I made myself aware of their health issues.

−8

rosiebees t1_j6f627y wrote

Except a Labrador doesn't have a life long of pain because of his breeding. I'm glad my government banned them altogether (Netherlands).

Character-Ad3006 t1_j6b2m6j wrote

World domination or to be worshipped as gods. Cats want it all.

narvuntien t1_j6cg4nv wrote

Whatever you are currently eating

jsaik0 t1_j6b2vjy wrote

Catnip

Simple-Caterpillar14 t1_j6bc9fq wrote

They want one of the big hairless cats to get off their butts and use their opposable thumbs to open a can of tuna. that's what they want.

LandmassWave t1_j6b20ow wrote

Food, attention, or go out on the porch.

umbrella-maker t1_j6bas3q wrote

Did you receive an Amazon delivery today? They look like you’ve kept the box from them and they are not pleased.

lfgbrady t1_j6bbvxy wrote

I have a theory that fat(oval) faces cats are nicer and more docile. Also cuter

viperseyes t1_j6bgmr2 wrote

More of that cat nip please!!

musememo t1_j6blmtc wrote

Edibles. The cat kind.

peedyoj t1_j6cx8k9 wrote

Your soul, or food or love- not necessarily in that order

peanutsfordarwin t1_j6d9kgm wrote

To compliment that beautiful rug they are sitting on. Really brings out the color in their eyes. Puuuurrrrrfect.

Anon3567-2 t1_j6dtjbr wrote

Souls. They are collecting souls.

commandrix t1_j6et9hi wrote

Going by my kitten, either they want food, or they want you to throw the ball already.

BefuddledPolydactyls t1_j6eybm8 wrote

Food or the good catnip. They will patiently wait, and wait, until...

CoyoteonTHC t1_j6f1kdi wrote

There is only one answer. Food

Fair_Operation8236 t1_j6f6pmf wrote

I don’t know, but whatever it is I’m going to give it to them 😍

gclampitt t1_j6axgc3 wrote

What breed of cats are they?

misskittysquirrel t1_j6bkxag wrote

They're Scottish Folds, and the same mutation that makes the cartilage in their ears folds affects all the cartilage in their body. So they have joint problems and arthritis and also tend to have some other problems. It's not even like getting a breed that "tends" to have certain health problems; the ears are literally evidence that they do. The Dutch government recently banned even owning one (exception for people who got one before ban) and big UK pedigree organizations won't register them.

evilbunny101 OP t1_j6axman wrote

Part Persian and part Maine Coon. They’re Scottish folds. They’re all half brothers.

Indigo_222 t1_j6b679h wrote

Do they get along? How are they like with each other?

evilbunny101 OP t1_j6bie9j wrote

They get along great. They smother me with affection. They have a half sister, and my two old lady kitties, that they get along with. They all play together and eat together fine.

Infamous-njh523 t1_j6ebwjk wrote

That’s amazing. I have cats and dogs most are rescue or found. We live in the country. Our cats cannot stand each other- never try to break up a cat fight in the middle of the night without a light on. Anyway all the dogs get along and they get along fine with the cats. I don’t understand.