Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

SimoneDeBoudoir1 t1_j6vr09x wrote

Where do all the alt, music-loving, non-drinking, pot friendly Baltimoreans hang out?? šŸ¤—

As one, Iā€™d love to meet some others! šŸ™‹šŸ»ā€ā™€ļø

tjo5112 t1_j6zbx71 wrote

Are you against others drinking, or are you fine being around others who do in a bar-type setting? And what type of music lover are you?

Off the top of my head, there's some decent music venues, Ottobar being my preferred and could be a good fit. It has lots of shows and events that I think could be of interest to an alt music lover.

I haven't been there, but I've heard about No Land Beyond, which may be somewhat what you're looking for? It's a board game bar.

SimoneDeBoudoir1 t1_j7hda4f wrote

Hey thanks for your response. I love Ottobar for shows! That's def the vibe I'm into.

I don't mind people drinking, I'm just personally a little bored of the bar setting. I'd love a late-night lounge or something that isn't centered completely around drinking. Like maybe you could sit and read?

Maybe that's just my dream public space and it doesn't exist lol šŸ˜…

tjo5112 t1_j7hq20q wrote

Ah okay, so if you are familiar with Ottobar, you're likely aware of similar places.

Yeah, I'm not sure where you'd find a lounge like that. If it doesn't need to be exactly that, but you're just looking for something a bit different, maybe you just want to look for places and events that are a bit more quirky?

If that's the case, Creative Alliance in Paterson Park could be of interest. I went to an "interactive movie" night there recently, and it was a little wacky and pretty fun. Also, I haven't been able to get there yet (plan to soon), but Red Emma's seems to have events that are a bit different.

It's mostly music shows, but Balt Showplace also has the above types of events listed. If you haven't ever looked at the site before, check it out! Super useful for finding out about events across the city:

https://baltshowplace.tumblr.com/

SimoneDeBoudoir1 t1_j7i44ge wrote

These are great suggestions, thanks! I've been meaning to go to Red Emma's for an event (I've only ever stopped by for coffee).

Creative Alliance seems super cool, and I wasn't aware of Balt Showplace so thanks for those!

Quirky is right up my alley haha. ;)