Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

simplythebestt t1_j6v1ovp wrote

Yes, you are the only person upset by this.

simplythebestt t1_j6v5og0 wrote

Looney's was replaced by Tinder.

NotARageComic t1_j6w42cg wrote

I love that you came back to drop this bomb

simplythebestt t1_j6zz5jf wrote

There's some truth to it. So pre-apps, our desires for human contact required going out and trying to meet someone. Bars, parties, friends of friends. Online dating was much more cumbersome. Now that need can be met with some swiping.

TonyDanza888 t1_j6vbtdy wrote

This isn't new, so you probably weren't giving Looney's the business it needed to survive if you're just finding out.

jabbadarth t1_j6vd0vq wrote

Honestly I think looneys was doing fine there. It's just that they have like 4 or 5 other locations and that's prime real estate so they sold and made a ton while still having multiple other locations, all in newer buildings, to continue the revenue coming in.

Valencia4eva t1_j6ybdmw wrote

If you liked Looney's, you'd probably also like the dumpster behind my work.

[deleted] t1_j6ye10k wrote

White people problems

Wilmore99 t1_j71ca92 wrote

If you want to go to a proper Looney’s head up to Bel Air.

MedicalMongoose t1_j739ab8 wrote

The fewer places with beer in plastic cups, the better. Canton is getting older and needs to adapt. Time will tell if this is it. Place feels pretty similar to looneys tbh

paddlebawler t1_j77ykf9 wrote

Bummer. That was the bar where my bachelor party started. Ah, the memories. Well, not really a lot of memories of that night.

markmano33 t1_j6vr10r wrote

I got sad for a sec but then remembered the last time I was there was when I used to barhop between there and Coburn’s back in the day. And when did that place close??

guest0112 t1_j6v4kkn wrote

You sound a bit, loony

−1