Submitted by NeatLeft t3_113cexh in baltimore

Hey neighbors, Baltimore City native here but never actually visited bars or restaurants near the Convention Center (or Chesapeake Shakespeare Co. to be more precise). Crazy, I know…

I’m well versed in Canton, Hampden, Fed Hill & Fells but have never dined or drank in City Center. I know Power Plant has some great spots but wanted to see what’s good around the neighborhood. Preferably late night as well, catching a show at the CSC Friday and looking for spots in walking or short driving/Uber distance.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

NewrytStarcommander t1_j8pfxoz wrote

There's not a ton of options. Water Street has Water Street Grill and Peter's Pour House, both good neighborhood type spots. There's Supano's next to them for an old-school vibe. Further away you have Pratt Street Ale House or Mick O'Sheas. Otherwise you have the hotel bars, the B&O would be the best and is a decent spot. I don't know that anything is open late night anymore though, Mick O'sheas is probably the best shot for that- defintely check hours. Werners and David and Dads also have bars but close early, I think 8PM for both.

Lgsc2011 t1_j8puwp8 wrote

Clock bar above the QG is really cool but I’m not sure if their hours

Shento t1_j8q4mt3 wrote

R&R taqueria is good Mexican food

Ramen utsuke is really good ramen

AutobotsTransform t1_j8qljl6 wrote

Great question @NeatLeft. I’ll be visiting in April and wanted to know what the night life was like.

Can you recommend any good bars out 15-30 minutes outside the inner harbor that may be fun? I’ve heard too many things about how dangerous it can be, but I guess just stay out of those areas? Don’t go looking for trouble and it won’t find you? Hopefully? Maybe?

Elegant-Air-8856 t1_j8rv1wq wrote

Depending on your age and what you think is fun, you either want Federal Hill (10 min walk from inner harbor, college-y bars), Fells Point, Canton (similar, maybe skews a little older), or maybe Mt Vernon for either gay nightlife or just an older crowd.

baltikorean t1_j8sw0n8 wrote

I went to two last Wednesday - Pratt St Ale House and Kona. Kona was pretty depressing, very dark and empty granted it was 9 PM on a Wednesday in February. My only other time was 6-7 years ago, I had a fond memory of it but perhaps I'm getting old. Pratt St Ale House was okay, a wide range of drinks at a wide range of prices, the food was mediocre.

Just wanted to share my experience. Between those two, Pratt St by a mile, but I'd recommend looking at someone else's recommendations.

NewrytStarcommander t1_j8t4rin wrote

Can easily walk from Inner Harbor to Mt Vernon (15 min); Federal Hill (5-10 min) or Fells Point 10-15 min). All three neighborhoods have a ton of options. Could take the 94 to Hampden, roughly 30 min ride; just be aware it's not very frequent service; Hampden is a quaint walkable neighborhood with tons of options. Upper Fells and Canton as well, lot of options but I feel like nothing that warrants the trip, but if you feel like it it's about 15-20 min ride on either the 65 or the NV from inner harbor (65 is best if you are going to Canton Square)