Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Frofro69 t1_j91v1rf wrote

Oh yeah, in that part of town, it's all about respect. No matter what I acknowledge someone and just say "what's up" because you can definitely start drama by not giving that very basic level of respect.

I've been known to be a social butterfly though, so I'd probably get by okay if I were to walk around there lol. Especially since my coworkers used to live in the Sandtown/Upton area.

Temporary-Light9189 t1_j93gcun wrote

Oh yea for sure man, at the end of the day the people getting hurt are the ones that are doing something to earn it. Although I do realize that there are innocents that get hurt, every time I see that corner where that poor young woman was shot in crossfire with her kids in the car I take a moment of silence in respect.

Frofro69 t1_j94hlnz wrote

https://www.tiktok.com/t/ZTRtTjMNh/

I remembered this video just because of the mention of Legends lol

Temporary-Light9189 t1_j94m8tv wrote

Bro I’ve never seen that video I’m fucking geekin man, yo I know exactly what he means with the chess shit bro I once seen 2 guys locked in a perpetual move both out cold with their pieces mid play just sleeping it was funny and not funny at the same time.

Frofro69 t1_j95y32p wrote

I swear Baltimore is a different breed man

Frofro69 t1_j94g0kf wrote

Yeah, she didn't deserve that 😔😔. I used to be closed-minded about that stuff in those areas, but it's a cold world over there. I always try to advocate for ways to get kids and youth educated in other things early so they don't get caught in the trap of "the game." But in those places, it's hard because the city literally left those places to fall apart.

Everyone deserves the chance to go home and be treated with respect, it definitely gets you farther in life.