Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TheSpektrModule t1_j9ay5hk wrote

Life is a lot cheaper in Baltimore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cities_by_homicide_rate

Baltimore is one of the most murderous cities in the world, surpassing even such well known crime-ridden shitholes as Kingston, Johannesburg and Port Moresby. Pretending that our violence issues are an overall US issue is dishonest in the extreme.

Dr_Midnight t1_j9aykhe wrote

Thanks. I really needed you to explain to me that the city has an exceptionally high homicide rate hate on a per capita basis relative to its population - particularly when compared to the rest of the country. I never knew this before today in spite of all the years I've lived here and having seen it myself. You really opened my eyes there.

Now, are you done being disingenuous and pretending that the USA is not an outlier in the world when it comes to gun violence in first world nations?

Side note:

> Baltimore is one of the most murderous cities in the world, surpassing even such well known shitholes as Kingston, Johannesburg and Port Moresby.

Could your dogwhistle be any fucking louder first thing on a damn Monday?

OldBayOnEverything t1_j9b0utd wrote

Now sort by country and you'll see it absolutely is an overall US problem. Baltimore may be one of the worst in the country but if we're talking shitholes, the US would qualify when put up against comparable countries.