Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

BocaRaven t1_jee8kcr wrote

Pigtown not Washington Village

CaffeineAndInk t1_jefnf67 wrote

Bolton Hill doesn’t seem to exist.

BocaRaven t1_jefujay wrote

One of my favorite parts of town. I got married at Corpus Christi (a long time ago).

jesus_chen t1_jegn536 wrote

The original is from the 70s. It may have been Bob Hieronomous as he was doing work for the city around then.

perceptron-addict t1_jee2l1x wrote

This is awesome! Anyone know if it’s possible to buy prints?

Rodd1706 t1_jeedug6 wrote

I bought an older version of this print at the last ArtScape!

its finally coming back this year

dopkick t1_jeeoblf wrote

The original artist for this concept will be impossible to find and is probably dead. You can find artistic neighborhood maps of basically every city. Some are more text based (like this one) while others are more picture based. I know I've seen text-based versions of the Baltimore neighborhood map for probably a decade and I'm sure it's been around for even longer. I've seen similar in other cities (https://www.amazon.com/SEATTLE-Neighborhood-typography-available-collected/dp/B01A6IENGW - random city that popped into mind and first result of the first search) as artwork, both prints and woodcut. You can even find cutting boards, magnets, etc.

Which artist ripped off this concept and added a spin to it? Now that's a question that could probably be answered. But it's probably better to call it a derivative work. The Etsy shop listed here basically grinds them out assembly line style.

−5