Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

PleaseBmoreCharming t1_jbcom1n wrote

Which schools? It doesn't help when you don't give us any detail, OP.

psychissick OP t1_jbcrulv wrote

Loyola and William James College in Boston.

PleaseBmoreCharming t1_jbct7k6 wrote

Okay, well that's very helpful and may make some of the other comments so far seem a little bit inaccurate in the comparisons since (as far as I can tell) William James College isn't in Boston proper where Loyola technically is in the city and much closer to downtown Baltimore.

Both seem to be fairly similar in terms of leafy suburbs, but not sure if you are intending to live on campus or not.

psychissick OP t1_jbeua8u wrote

I am not intending to live on campus. I’m not a huge fan of the suburbs, and both schools seem to be in them.

un-panino t1_jbgphfg wrote

Loyola isn’t in a suburb—it’s more north in the city and can sometimes feel suburban, but there’s a good amount to do in the area. If you live a bit closer to Hopkins, there’s tons to walk to. I’ve lived in the area for almost 7 years and went to Loyola for undergrad—it’s a nice place to be

psychissick OP t1_jbl2fxs wrote

Thanks! I’ve been thinking about scheduling appointments too see some apartments in Locust Point. Is that a nice area?

un-panino t1_jblbq4o wrote

It’s a pretty nice area—decent number of young people and has shopping and things in the area. I have a friend who works at Loyola and lives down there—she likes it. The only thing is that it’s not super close to campus. It would be a TREK to go from LP to campus without a car.