Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

EthanSayfo t1_je0xk29 wrote

Why should we trust environmental officials that are largely beholden to for-profit corporations? Are you aware of the shift in mission EPA took on in the last administration, and how many competent people left Federal government during that time?

Have you observed the state of the environment, lately? The one with massive amounts of problems, that said officials are supposed to be protecting us from?

If Back River and all aspects of the facility and its operations had an exceptional track record, do you think people would be responding this forcefully? No, they wouldn’t. I wouldn’t have made a string of calls, if I knew they were capable of even their basic mission.

I have an idea. Let’s build a massive toxic chemical containment facility on the property of everyone whose net worth is over, say, $100 million. We can build facilities sized proportionally to their net worth. We’d clean the environment up right fast, if this was the approach.

−7

rmphys t1_je28jhm wrote

This is literally the right wing logic used to ignore climate change by claiming the scientist who present the data profit off it. Stop spreading misinformation and conspiracy theories.