Submitted by va2wv2va t3_1256y97 in baltimore

My preference often changes, but currently I believe Rippled Utz chips to be superior. Curious what the consensus is.

Grandma Utz (kettle-cooked) have been purposely omitted.

ETA: Ripples ftw!

View Poll

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

alucardax t1_je30zn9 wrote

Rippled for her pleasure.

joe25rs t1_je36zgi wrote

Rippled. I like to believe it increases the surface area for the salt.

spankenstein t1_je3e5k0 wrote

Rippled only with French onion dip. Otherwise kettle cooked is the way

va2wv2va OP t1_je3futx wrote

Rippled (plain) with French Onion dip is absolutely my favorite

weahman t1_je2y5t3 wrote

Sour cream regular. Only really see rippled in the bigger bags. Dang Shame

DfcukinLite t1_je33rob wrote

Regular. I’m a purest. It’s the light airy crisp crunch for me. Rippled slices the roof of your mouth up.

Taxitaxitaxi33 t1_je34m9m wrote

🦀

va2wv2va OP t1_je35ce8 wrote

Haha I expected someone to answer this, but I also left flavor/seasoning out of the consideration. Related: do Utz make a rippled crab chip?

Taxitaxitaxi33 t1_je4znaa wrote

Not that I’ve ever seen. But I’m also original all the way regardless of flavor. Exception is ridged if there is hellaofagood dip involved. But that’s purely a structural integrity issue.

afternoon_delightful t1_je37p62 wrote

Definitely depends on the mood. But Wavy is my all time fave of the plain, salted variety.

va2wv2va OP t1_je3flxe wrote

It may very well be the most perfect plain chip

mclava t1_je30r1s wrote

thank you OP in regards to kettle-cooked Grandma Utz. It leaves a thick ass layer of fat on the roof of my mouth that will not melt away. Plus they taste like a stale, oily cabinet awaiting mothball treatment.

va2wv2va OP t1_je34z01 wrote

I get where you’re coming from. I didn’t mean to imply that I dislike them (I actually love them and am always on the lookout for the elusive BBQ ones), but I didn’t feel the comparison is fair because they are less available and not in as many flavors or sizes. Plus kettle cooked, as you have shown, is a distinct taste that some people just don’t like.

cl0bbersaurus t1_je4o5ts wrote

I was meh on rippled until the dill pickle flavor came out only in rippled. And I love it. And then a non rippled pickle flavor came out and it wasn’t nearly as good.

Whole thing shaped my ideas on ripples.

RobAtSGH t1_je5c4vh wrote

Ripple chips are too thick. Regs are thin and crispy. But Kettle/Grandma are superior to both.

Porphyrius t1_je38eqv wrote

Utz sour cream rippled are my absolute favorite chip

ChakaCthulhu t1_je38xh2 wrote

Kettle cooked crab are the best but regular will do in a pinch.

BlueFalconPunch t1_je3lh3y wrote

Rippled for dippin. Regular for plain snacking.

Nothing beats a big dollop of sour cream and onion dip on a rippled chip but if they are plain I think they are too greasy

pringles_spicy_cajun t1_je4w777 wrote

sometimes i like the rippled ones but a lot of times i'm not in the mood for dealing with the ripples so i get the unrippled ones. rippled ones are more of a summer thing for me.

va2wv2va OP t1_je53d61 wrote

That’s interesting. What about then makes them ideal for summer vs other seasons for you?

B-More_Orange t1_je543i0 wrote

Rippled bbq utz and rippled regular with helluvagood dip are the GOATS

nesto92 t1_je6qfxe wrote

Rippled with lime and Valentina hot sauce 🤤🤤🤤

marvelcamden07 t1_jeh0qfg wrote

not the biggest fan of chips, but ripples all the way. great with helluva french onion dip, or pickle flavor. otherwise im not eating the chips at all lmao EDIT: however, i dont quite see whyd this be in the vent tag lol

BrassUnion t1_je4x0ru wrote

Dark russet are the best mass market potato chip.