Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Moocat51 t1_iqtb47o wrote

Not at the deli. But I have found the 1 lb rolls at Safeway.

wcmotel t1_iqt8ajf wrote

You may try THB. Not sure if they will sell you any real quantity.

EvilAbdy t1_iqtd0ht wrote

THB was the first thing that came to mind for Taylor’s pork roll. (Man I love that stuff and I’m not even from NJ)

scartonbot t1_iqteru8 wrote

The one time I tried to get a pork roll, egg and cheese bagel there (the one in Lutherville) they put HAM on it. When I complained they were extremely gracious about apologizing, but I never actually got any pork roll. They didn't seem to actually have any! I have a feeling that somebody was confused about the whole "Taylor Ham" thing.

EvilAbdy t1_iqtfj40 wrote

Wtf nooo. I’ve gotten it a few times at the Owings mills one and it’s legit pork roll

wcmotel t1_iqthjh8 wrote

They always have it in Canton.

ohitsmark t1_iqv1jfi wrote

Columbia always gets me the correct pork roll too. Never NOT had a bad sandwich from there.

inukaglover666 t1_iqvmphy wrote

Yeah that’s like all people ordered on Saturday and Sunday mornings

bawlmerbits t1_iqvs6a8 wrote

The Charles Village location has it and I've never had an issue when ordering it. So tasty!

malleable t1_iqtb3ta wrote

Try ShopRite. They used to have a Taylor ham, egg & cheese sandwich on a hard roll in the morning.

artie_effim OP t1_iqtovqf wrote

The one in Timonium?

floopbloop t1_iqts5qx wrote

They sell the full roll in Timonium. I saw it there this weekend. It’s in the case in the back not far from the eggs.

nitsky416 t1_iqu815w wrote

In with the bacon at most of the places I've seen it

No-Village-6819 t1_iqtq5ci wrote

It appears they have it there per the app, which says it’s in Dairy Aisle 17. It’s $3.99 for the 6oz (8 slices) one.

susierabbit t1_iqt940a wrote

I have purchased an entire Taylor’s Pork Roll at BJ’s warehouse in the past.

scartonbot t1_iqteeg6 wrote

Giant has them too. They seem to always have the box but occasionally I've seen them stock the whole pork roll in a sock.

Sadly (because it's gone now) there used to be a seriously old school Baltimore restaurant called "Burkes" which was located at 36 Light Street (there's still a pin on Google Maps, oddly enough) that had a pretty good breakfast. So do some other greasy spoons in Baltimore. So what? Well, it's the only place in my life I've ever been to where ordering a side of pork roll resulted in being handed a plate with -- and I'm not kidding about this-- at least 10 pieces of pork roll for something like $2.50! Maybe there's a reason they went out of business...

HorsieJuice t1_iqthlhm wrote

Wegmans in Hunt Valley has it.

succotash_witch t1_iqtr19z wrote

I see it at every basic grocery store's lunchmeat/bacon section. I think you're referring to Taylor's brand by the red box hint

emmyr22 t1_iqtdi84 wrote

I second ShopRite. They have at least two kinds in the bacon/sausage section.

mycatmini t1_iqtgmwo wrote

The only place I’ve seen it is at the Weis in Towson. It was the Taylor Provisions/Taylor Ham brand and it was pretty cheap

gaytee t1_iqtn69j wrote

I haven’t looked in a while but I feel like I passively see this brand in most big box delis.

todareistobmore t1_iqtqdok wrote

Bottoms Up Bagels in Waverly serves it, but not sure how they receive it. Would certainly be worth an ask if you're not looking for the supermarket variety.

DJRazzy_Raz t1_iquag3r wrote

Towson hot bagels is a small local chain founded by a NJ expat. They have solid pork rolls egh and cheeses

katesheppard t1_iqtem8m wrote

Used to get a Taylor Pork Roll breakfast sandwich on the boardwalk on OC. I even had a Taylor Pork Roll t-shirt from there.

81632371 t1_iqu21yz wrote

I didn't know I could buy pork roll here. I've been craving a pork roll and egg sandwich. Thanks for this post!!

jaml86 t1_iqu3eqc wrote

Green Valley and Wawa both have it, if you're down around Arbutus.

M31550 t1_iqu5diy wrote

Harris Teeter, Safeway, and THB all have it

AreWeCowabunga t1_iqugsx7 wrote

I saw Taylor ham at the Wegmans in Hunt Valley a few days ago.

S-Kunst t1_iqxxxfi wrote

My first experience with pork roll was when I was in Media PA for an out of town job related week. We were at a diner, and I asked the waitress what "local" food did they offer, other than Cheese Steak. She said a port roll sandwich. I ordered, then thought Oh S--t, its going to be another name for bologna. It was not. I cannot remember how it tasted, but thought it was worth trying again.

Lgsc2011 t1_iqttvys wrote

Taylor ham*

−3