Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Dr_Midnight t1_iu6awvh wrote

> Obviously

Obviously it's not that obvious or I wouldn't have addressed it - particularly when you use terms like "we" and "us" that confer inclusion of self; and the monolithic statements don't do anyone any good.

> if it didn’t apply to you , then it wasn’t about you.

Regardless, it still needs to be called out.

> I have seen it first hand ! I’m sure you have too.

Since the topic at hand is anti-Antisemitism, let me ask you: have you ever seen anyone of Jewish faith or ethnically so use terms like "we" and "us as Jewish folk" as a descriptive statement when referring to people who are also Jewish such as Ben Shapiro who downplay anti-Semitic comments, or who themselves espouse similar ideals?

No.

You haven't.

Just like I've seen Black Israelites and members of the Nation of Islam - both of whom are known for prominently espousing anti-Semitic rhetoric, but I'm not running around referring to them as "US" and "WE" just because their membership happens to be Black.

So, with that said, I reiterate: if you want to refer to yourself, then refer to yourself. If you want to refer to people you know [of], then refer to people you know [of]. Otherwise, keep "US" out of it.

Thanks.

thebenshapirobot t1_iu6axzj wrote

I saw that you mentioned Ben Shapiro. In case some of you don't know, Ben Shapiro is a grifter and a hack. If you find anything he's said compelling, you should keep in mind he also says things like this:

>If you believe that the Jewish state has a right to exist, then you must allow Israel to transfer the Palestinians and the Israeli-Arabs from Judea, Samaria, Gaza and Israel proper. It’s an ugly solution, but it is the only solution... It’s time to stop being squeamish.

^(I'm a bot. My purpose is to counteract online radicalization. You can summon me by tagging thebenshapirobot. Options: climate, sex, history, covid, etc.)

^Opt ^Out