Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

hawkgamedev t1_irngzky wrote

DC has a lot more to it than you think, both in architecture and restaurants, as well as atmosphere. I think you probably haven't explored enough outside of downtown.

Not sure what you mean by ghastly strip malls....both cities have those within city limits (but I wouldn't describe them as a major feature of either). I will say the drive in from Baltimore isn't the most inspiring, but that doesn't paint even close to the full picture of DC.

Like I wonder if you've explored much of either place with those descriptions. Sounds like you enjoy it though, so I encourage you do do more of it in both places. If you like Baltimore, then I encourage you to check out Mt. Pleasant & Takoma Park (not DC proper per se) in DC. There are plenty of other awesome neighborhoods too.

Look I have plenty to complain about DC, but what you wrote ain't it. Both cities are nice places and have their charm (but sure only one is Charm City).

Source: grew up in the DC area (thru college) and moved back to it 3 years ago; lived in Baltimore for 17 years and worked there for 20.