Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

EfficiencySuch6361 t1_irso3si wrote

It was a quarterly bill for a long time, which I preferred

mrm0324 t1_irsoolf wrote

I remember about 10 or so years ago I paid 140 quarterly now I’m happy if my bill is $95 a month

Pale-Cantaloupe-9835 t1_iru7alh wrote

Mine is $120 monthly for 2 people! My mom pays $25 a quarter just over the city/ county line. The city customers are not paying for water, we’re paying politicians to line their pockets while the pipes, infrastructure and quality of continue to decline!

mrm0324 t1_iru7jqf wrote

Oh I agree. It’s sad. County residents get the same water city residents do for a fraction of the price.

metalmola t1_irveylm wrote

I was under the impression that the difference in cost is because county residents are paying the majority via property taxes, rather than being billed directly for the entire amount.

Pale-Cantaloupe-9835 t1_iru7xa5 wrote

The “oh crap I haven’t paid the water bill in a few months” thought happens too often for me. So I pay $400 every few months. Hitting even harder.

Nitzelplick t1_irvt6kw wrote

City water is required to pay directly from rate payers. County uses general funds. It’s a statutory artifact that should be amended to lessen the burden on City residents. But also, DPW needs to get their act together collecting money from big corporate users.

mrm0324 t1_irvtcs6 wrote

Yeah I remember reading that there are so many big companies etc that have had huge outstanding water bills for quite some time.