Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

124275408 t1_it4np0n wrote

Cousin and his gal got held at gunpoint, taken to their place, tied to chairs, and robbed blind. Lucky that’s all that happened. Maybe a block or two from the square. Head on a swivel, don’t walk home obviously drunk. Everyone here says it’s safe for Baltimore, but there will always be the “for Baltimore” rider attached. YMMV with it.

Ambitious-Intern-928 t1_it4t9v3 wrote

Honestly I feel like people that say that are dumb. And I'm not knocking Canton, I enjoy it, although I would never pay that much for housing just to deal with traffic and parking. But let's be HONEST, most of the violent crime in the hood comes from peoples own making-personal drama or drugs. The nicer areas of Baltimore are where the criminals GO to rob people, that's common sense. I never understood the false sense of security that people living in Baltimore's nicer neighborhoods have. I live in a working class neighborhood in Southwest Baltimore and BPD's own crime maps would tell me I have a 10x higher chance of being robbed or carjacked in Canton/Fells point, or the nicer neighborhoods of North Baltimore than on my own street.