Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

radicalbxchg t1_ixno41j wrote

Yesterday a dozen dirt bikers and quads rode past cops on monument. Everyone was laughing at them because they don't do shit. They were talking into the walkies on their person probably telling other squad cars about it but we all know they won't do anything. I know there's a no chase rule but it still looks really bad to see no action.

−13

1dayAwayagain t1_ixnsrqy wrote

So they're not allowed to chase.

There's already been a Dirt Bike Task Force established who investigates these folks and seizes their vehicles.

What would you like to see those patrol officers do? There's no action because they're not allowed to do anything about it.

Appropriate-Lab-5015 t1_ixoj4o5 wrote

The dirt bike unit was disbanded due to staffing issues (shortages). A bunch of other specialized units also.

1dayAwayagain t1_ixolc19 wrote

Today I learned! I had no idea, thank you. Goes to show they don't have enough staffing for even that.

cologne_peddler t1_ixnx1mp wrote

Doesn't look that bad to me. But to be fair, I don't have a Blue Brothers chase fetish. I can't imagine how hard it must be for you to not see one.

radicalbxchg t1_ixoh2s9 wrote

Lol thanks for the down votes. Do you have them driving up and down your street that you live on?

−3

TheSimulacra t1_ixpg25p wrote

So instead of them just driving up and down your street, instead you want them wildly running from the cops up and down your street?

radicalbxchg t1_iyaleh1 wrote

What the fuck are you talking about. I never said I care that the cops don't do shit. It was just a statement