Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

joculator t1_iyezmz7 wrote

Just dissolve the city already. Sell it to the Chinese.

−126

sllewgh t1_iyf3j33 wrote

This would be a stupid thing to say in any context, but it isn't even relevant here at all.

EthanSayfo t1_iyf22eq wrote

This has already been done to a decent portion of the US economy, including huge amounts of real estate, the most popular social network that is almost certainly closely monitoring our people and youth...

I know you were being snide, but you probably could have picked a more compelling buyer than "the Chinese." I will take Baltimore as-is over Chinese totalitarianism any day.

Sell it to the Chinese? You were also one of the people complaining about masking policies and VERY short-term shutdowns, weren't you...

sit_down_man t1_iyf84i4 wrote

China’s far from perfect, and pretty shitty in many ways after liberalization; but let’s not pretend the US wouldn’t be in a vastly better place had we spent the last decade or two doing Belt & Road shit instead letting out infrastructure dissolve lol.

−2

app_priori t1_iyfa534 wrote

Yeah but the Chinese would want the service fees and rent payments and us not criticizing them then...

EthanSayfo t1_iyfbwo1 wrote

I have many, many qualms with my country, its leadership, core economic principles, I could go on, and on, and on. I have been really clear about how stacked it is since I was pretty young, and I am definitely less young now (not old!)

I just don't see cryptocurrencies, as realized for the most part, as the solution to these problems. I think it's actually another problem, and we need less problems.

−1