Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

DfcukinLite t1_iwge92f wrote

And nobody cared…

z3mcs t1_iwgg2z6 wrote

I didnt even know she was on there.

Dr_Midnight t1_iwhri7b wrote

Her takes were utterly horrendous, and that's saying something given the usual drivel on that radio station. Snow is another one in particular that needs to go.

kermelie t1_iwirgib wrote

Agree. C4 and Brian are great. Kim and Snow are trash, not because they are further right but because they have weak talking points and no depth in their analysis.

CookieMonster932 t1_iwk9dac wrote

Tom Coale is the resident liberal representative on WBAL for the past few months. He has really good takes and takes the super conservative callers in stride.

TheSchneid t1_iwgkmoo wrote

I'm actually pretty happy, I sometimes like to hate listen to wbal. I think it's important to get the other sides perspective here and there.

Most of the other folks on that station, while I vehemently disagree with them most of the time, I can at least see where they are coming from, and understand their arguments.

Kim was just a fucking idiot though. Get that shit off the airwaves.

DfcukinLite t1_iwgoti5 wrote

She’s a waste of air(time). Didn’t even know she was on there.

NoVulturess t1_iwl86uv wrote

Hate listen! I did the same with AM radio as well. It's a wild ride.

player_9 t1_iwh7wvb wrote

We should care, these are the fascists. Or at least these are the the people the fascists are using as puppets. It’s fucking obvious for any thinking person. There was a great piece in The Atlantic recently about the Philippines that discussed how media can be used for disinformation to bring these types of people up.

https://www.theatlantic.com/books/archive/2022/11/rodrigo-duterte-philippines-journalist-attack-rappler-facebook/672072/

Also see Rwanda circa 1994 and Bosnia circa 1995. This is not far-fetched. It’s minimized when people call it grifting, this is how evil happens, and I use that word as an atheist.

SonofDiomedes t1_iwgidm5 wrote

On to the next grift…one hopes she takes the scam elsewhere…Florida a fine place for her kind

Unusual-Thanks-2959 t1_iwgh52l wrote

Who?

DeathStarVet t1_iwgjs7u wrote

Exactly.

But if you really want to know, she's a GOP grifter with no solutions (I know... that's redundant) who got a few points for calling Baltimore violent on Fox News.

neutronicus t1_iwi4j6r wrote

If you live in Kweisi Mfume's district you definitely know her because the Republicans spent 5 million dollars carpet-bombing the streets with pictures of her face just to lose the election 9:1

FriedScrapple t1_iwlexn3 wrote

I guess the plan was to get her a platform to deliver their rhetoric, and it worked.

RevRagnarok t1_iwiarc6 wrote

> got a few points for calling Baltimore violent

And a few more for being Black just like Herschel Walker. "We're not White Supremacists! LOOK AT MY BLACK FRIEND!"

BmoreBr0 t1_iwgp2cd wrote

A lot of people think 1090 is just the frequency of WBAL AM but it is actually the amount of IQ points you loose when listening to KK, Torey Snow, or C4.

inthesinbin t1_iwgzvoa wrote

WBAL used to be a fine station with great hosts (Ron Smith, Allen Prell). IMO, C4 is the only one left there who is remotely listenable.

BmoreBr0 t1_iwh1v6t wrote

> C4 is the only one left there who is remotely listenable.

Maybe for about 15 seconds. I don't think I have ever heard him make a single insightful statement.

z3mcs t1_iwh8d5x wrote

C4 says good things for 2 minutes and then trash the other 58. I love how much history he knows and how much knowledge he has of the city and its happenings. But he funnels it all through his garbage filter and out come some of the dumbest things you could say. I get where he’s coming from and he seems like the type of person who could be swayed back to normalcy with some extended time with the folks he disparages, but mostly I just smh at him when I hear him.

ampetertree t1_iwjox4i wrote

Honestly I think he understands and plays that role on purpose. There’s a particular audience they need to hold onto unless they want to finally admit they need to pivot to more of a center lean or dare I say center left to grow their audience. C4 is an even minded person imo and he brings that historical calmness you need.

My only faults is he’s not as good as he thinks he is on fiscal issues and sometimes I feel like he pulls back and plays dumb to not offend that northeast/eastern shore crowd.

citizenbmore t1_iwmn129 wrote

I thought I was the only one who thought this of Torrey. He strikes me as someone who thinks he’s always the smartest guy in the room. Often times he is very blinded by his ultra conservative, Christian tendencies.

[deleted] t1_iwhpkvj wrote

Fox News, here she comes!

Brief_Exit1798 t1_iwgibms wrote

I care. Gtfu grifter! They should have never playformed her.

BocaRaven t1_iwgrp7z wrote

I could not understand how they could have this kook on the air and pretend to be a new station.

FriedScrapple t1_iwginbn wrote

Trump’s running mate?

osbohsandbros t1_iwlb6sm wrote

I wouldn’t be surprised if she got a spot on the campaign team with the timing

Avocadofarmer32 t1_iwh31he wrote

The most recent general manager of wbal radio/ 98 rock “left” to go to a right wing Christian news channel.

ConcreteThinking t1_iwhblpd wrote

Good. Maybe they will swing back towards center. Like it or not they are the news radio station of record for Baltimore and they should (IMHO) try to maintain some sense of balance.

SnooRevelations979 t1_iwiuej5 wrote

What does "of record" here mean?

BmoreBr0 t1_iwj05hx wrote

Not that it's much better, but I'd definitely consider WYPR to be the of record station, if one exists.

ConcreteThinking t1_iwkrtlr wrote

Just means they are usually the biggest News/Talk station in the market, generally respected, they carry public announcements, national broadcasts, etc. In Baltimore they have the biggest listenership in their format. Kind of like being the Washington Post of local radio.

SnooRevelations979 t1_iwnj29e wrote

Not really. The Washington Post dominates the market for newspapers in there area. WBAL may be number one by a nose, but it doesn't have anywhere near the market share. That's why I was a little taken aback by the term.

ConcreteThinking t1_iwvbhfd wrote

By market share they trade back and forth with WYPR. And neither of them have near what the adult hits stations have.

ampetertree t1_iwjp81u wrote

I’ve been saying this for a while now. You would think someone there would understand that.

NoVulturess t1_iwl8dyz wrote

Guess she'll me managing her husbands strip club

ticumac t1_iwhx28e wrote

That radio station is straight up doo doo.

−1