Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

throwaway37865 t1_j18l0v5 wrote

As someone who has been a sexual assault victim, believe me when I say I wouldn’t wish that experience on anyone.

I’m not the one committing violent crimes and they didn’t really commit any crime towards me, they just acted super suspicious.

I stated that I wish I had reported it. Blaming me doesn’t change what happened in the past, all it does is make me feel guilty about something I didn’t cause.

Maybe re-direct your anger towards the people doing this

Redditanother t1_j18p9zw wrote

Maybe stop posting on reddit and report it now.

−12

bmore t1_j19f7gz wrote

Call BPD and tell them someone in a ski mask called an Uber, pointed at it, and whispered and tell me how that goes for you.

throwaway37865 t1_j19n79s wrote

Exactly. And honestly there are several young men in Baltimore who wear ski masks and don’t commit major crimes. I didn’t want to profile or accuse anyone without evidence.

Now that all of this has come to light in the news and happening frequently, I would report suspicious behavior and been more aware. And I would probably be taken more seriously. I honestly was in so much denial at the time because I wasn’t sure what the intention was.

Redditanother t1_j1ay1tg wrote

Report the username, location, time. Don’t exploit it for karma when people are getting kidnapped.

−1

bmore t1_j1bi7q9 wrote

Call BPD and tell them someone in a ski mask called an Uber, pointed at it, and whispered, reporting the username, time, and location, and tell me how that goes for you.

Redditanother t1_j1d2vhe wrote

If you ever stop and wonder why the city is like its is. Just know your apathy plays a role. You idiots could be talking about some kidnapper.

bmore t1_j1dlmje wrote

I literally witnessed someone forcing another person into a car screaming for help and approached an officer across the street who told me he was busy getting coffee. But you think they'd do something with this vague info. You're deeply naive.