Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

TaterTotz8 t1_iz16nj5 wrote

Have you tried MDSPCA? Looks like they have spots for January: https://www.mdspca.org/veterinary-care/spay-neuter/

Vet staffing has been hit hard the last few years and seems like everywhere (across the country) is having trouble keeping up with all the pandemic pets and staff burn out.

Confident_Bridge9811 t1_iz17me2 wrote

I will try. And I get it.

People bringing their feral cats in to TNR while they have covid and getting staff sick doesn't help trying to get all these cats fixed!

I think I read we need to catch about 75% of the population to be able to keep population under control.

kosherkenny t1_iz5ujpd wrote

i just tried to make a spay apt yesterday for a cat that showed up in my yard a few months ago, and they emailed me back saying

>Unfortunately all of our female cat spots are completely booked at this time. Please email us again on January 1st when our February schedule is available. If you need other resources please see the link below.

best bet is to email january 1st i guess :/

AmbyrPogo t1_iz2frgv wrote

If you miss the January slots, email them on the first of January. I managed an appt for my little girl. Unfortunately, it is very hard to get appts when you really need. There's a feral young tom I took over feeding but I can't rely on catching him in a trap a month or so from now to get him neutered. He's sweet and sociable, but no touch. He'd probably be a sweetiepie if someone took him in. But 8mo old black toms without house manners aren't popular.

Confident_Bridge9811 t1_iz2g4go wrote

are you in middle river? we have one we call midnight. so vocal, seems like someone may have abandoned him.

I want to get my own trap, so i can catch when possible; there are more slots on a day to day basis in the baldwin md TNR place.

I'm so glad I rescued the two males in my area, each about a year apart.... there would have been SOOOOO many more kittens....

AmbyrPogo t1_iz2iie6 wrote

No, Wilhelm Park. But it might be worth checking with them if they'll accept a "city" cat. Maybe my boss will be flexible for short notice. We call him KitKat...at least that's what he answers to.