Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Animanialmanac t1_iz6wfwq wrote

A house in my neighborhood does this, even on cold days the windows are open but covered with cardboard. A boy passed away from drugs there last year, the people who live there are squatting, the owner moved into the assisted living apartments two years ago. The police won’t do anything despite how many times we call. The fire department came once when the people set part of the house on fire, but they left all the trash, furniture and burning embers in the yard.

I’m not close enough to smell the smells through the walls but we can smell it outside the house. My neighbors and the block captain emailed the mayors’s office. The Health Department came out, the smell stopped for a while. The man from the health department said it was an overcrowding rule that let them make some of the people move, even though it was a drug cooking house. He compared it to Al Capone and the tax charges. I believe we will have to keep emailing the mayor’s office until the house burns down or collapses, it’s a terrible situation.

This is the email address for the mayor, I keep it on my important contacts list.

mayor@baltimorecity.gov

I hope your situation improves soon, it’s terrible to live in fear of sickness from what your neighbors do.

Mediocre-Week-9010 t1_iz6wrk4 wrote

Thank you I will try this too. I am sorry you and your neighbors had to deal and still deal with that.