Submitted by IamAcapacitor t3_10af5xw in baltimore

Looking for the best place to get fries in the city! I am a huge fan of duck fat, or truffle oil ones but any good ones would be great. Last post I saw on this was several years old so I figured it might be out of date.

Ideally if they are a place that has good food or serves drinks/is near other bars would be ideal, so I could make a night out of it!

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

jabbadarth t1_j43whb5 wrote

Annabelle Lee has amazing duck fat fries

Cool vibe and good menu plus it's near dozens of bars.

macmac360 t1_j44d8r4 wrote

> Annabelle Lee has amazing duck fat fries

best in the city IMO I lived about 2 blocks from there for almost 7 years and ate there often, never had a bad experience

MonoChz t1_j478aaq wrote

Just a reminder that the Annabel Lee Tavern will probably be closing at the end of January or early February! If you haven't been to Annabel Lee Tavern you must go before it's Nevermore!

AND when you go please order the famous cocktail named after me...the Jeff Jerome delicious cocktail! I always order two of them when I go there! It's the perfect hot drink for winter weather!

Enjoy!

gothaggis t1_j48fpfo wrote

funny story - I went there with some friends when they first opened (we used to frequent Harbor Inn, which is what it was before Annabelle Lee) - we sat at the bar and got food (burgers I think..and the duck fat fries). When we paid the tab, a friend noticed on the bill it said "fuck fat fries" - we showed the owner and had a good laugh about it. I guess a typo caused it.....but anyway, for years we always called them fuck fat fries after that....I stopped by last week for the first time in years and had to hold my tongue to order "fuck fat fries"

EfficiencySuch6361 t1_j43xmes wrote

Duck duck goose has fantastic duck fat fries. I wouldn’t recommend anything else there though

llMrXll t1_j440k7f wrote

Cooper's truffle fries slaps so damn hard

Tavataar t1_j44blok wrote

Sally O's has great truffle fries.

edcod1 t1_j45tuhs wrote

Bluebird has good fries. They’re served with truffle aioli. The cocktails are interesting and good.

Mikel32 t1_j4519jd wrote

Mahaffeys - Rosemary & Garlic fries

Zella’s - Wedge style paprika fries

Bmore_Charming t1_j46x5oa wrote

JBGBs has amazing fries and good food/drinks.

NationalMyth t1_j48nf5e wrote

I really like the fries from BRD

Unusual-Thanks-2959 t1_j44cqhx wrote

CaptainObvious110 t1_j44fnc9 wrote

Wow! Any chance it's the same person just being annoying?

−4

IamAcapacitor OP t1_j44klo3 wrote

lol why didnt these come up when I googled this earlier today

drumminbird t1_j46r5nt wrote

Stuggy's on Fleet St has banging duck fat fries iirc.

Nickmeria t1_j47rjzb wrote

My favorite are the Old Bay fries in LP Steamers

fijimermaidsg t1_j47y7tt wrote

The Tilted Row on Eutaw/Bolton Hill has a special duck poutine on their winter menu and they have a bar as well.

seminarysmooth t1_j496y10 wrote

Is the Doghouse still open? Tell them you want them extra crispy.

guessimdummy t1_j44g9yd wrote

Noona’s is a pizza place with the best fries in the city.

−1