Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

hogsucker t1_j65x09z wrote

I don't understand why cops don't absolutely LOVE her. She quashed the Freddie Gray uprising by claiming she was going to prosecute the men who killed him, then made sure they weren't convicted. Now the Baltimore police are on a permanent soft strike, they claim because they're afraid of accountability. They really should be grateful to her.

FriedScrapple t1_j6602e7 wrote

Incompetence makes everybody’s life harder. She didn’t do them any favors because she was trying to do them favors, she was just bad at her job.

hogsucker t1_j66ac6c wrote

You're probably right. I guess I shouldn't assume malice and not incompetence. It's just unbelievable that anyone could be that incompetent.

FriedScrapple t1_j66by8u wrote

Anyone competent would’ve had an accountant deal with the IRS immediately, and taken their accountant’s advice on how to buy condos in a legitimate way, which she could have done if she’d handled her business right in the first place. If she’d had sense and a little humility she would have been fine. But she didn’t want to be bothered with details, or to do the work, she just wanted the praise and the things.