Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Tanagrabelle t1_ja7iii3 wrote

OMG a Stephen King book in which no women gets forced to have intercourse even by the circumstances, and the only sex scene is between consenting adults, even though one is a young adult! I... I just don't know what to do with this. /s

Of course, the Queen is going to have to have intercourse with whomever she has to marry for political reasons, because the damage to her face will always mar her beauty blah blah blah but there are other worlds than this. (Sorry, little in-joke.)

I have no idea if there's a majority. I've seen a lot of complaints about the book, largely based on the second half. However, for me since your apparently easiest complaint is consensual sex that happens "offscreen", I'm kind of exasperated.

−4

Sinsai33 OP t1_ja7jnjm wrote

The problem is not that it is a sex scene. The problem is that it came out of the blue and was unnecessary. I would have said the same if charlie at the end of the book told us something like "and now let's go to the next mcdonals".

Tanagrabelle t1_ja7m74d wrote

Well, I thought the sex scene in IT when Beverly takes each boy in turn was out of the blue and was unnecessary. Oh, and that the two of them had sex when they were adults, and he's a happily married man with a wife he loves.

−1