Submitted by pinkmapleleaf t3_11bvitd in books

Did anybody else find Libby calling Nora "sissy" to be super cringy? Overall, I feel that Libby's character wasn't developed enough and I never found her storyline interesting. The only interesting revelation was how she viewed her relationship with their mom very differently than Nora did but even then it wasn't enough.

I also found myself feeling that way about Charlie...just kinda boring and bland? Their relationship felt rushed to me. I would have liked a slower build and getting to know his character a little better.

What are your thoughts?

Comments

You must log in or register to comment.

Sieperill15 t1_ja09nyo wrote

Finally someone who sees it like me :D I really can‘t understand why the book is being hyped so much, it‘s incredibly overrated in my opinion. Nora calling Libby „sissy“ is weird, I mean they are grown up women… and Charlie is so boring for me as well!! He is so shallow and his only purpose is to push Noras storyline further. For me, there was no chemistry between them.

ledhead22 t1_ja13oyg wrote

I've never read this book. But I'm a 30 year old woman who calls my sister Sissy ... I've called her that my whole life so it's weird to say anything else at this point lol probably is weird tho

WaitMysterious6704 t1_ja1x5kj wrote

My mom lived into her 60's and her brother and sister never called her anything but Sissy.

friend-cat67 t1_ja4tu3y wrote

I agree that it’s overrated. My cousin was adamant that it was the cutest thing she ever read and I saw it recommended often on TikTok and Insta.

I really couldn’t vibe with it - I thought it was boring and I was not invested in the relationship at all.

EvokeWonder t1_ja16gfv wrote

I had been wanting to read Writers & Lovers but grabbed wrong book and that was Book Lovers. Ended up donating it after reading it. (I was on vacation when I went to the bookstore for a book to read since I had already finished all of my books I brought with me on vacation). I already forget what the book was about.