Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

AtLeastThisIsntImgur t1_jatkzra wrote

Maybe go to a doctor if words cause physical distress. Also do you know why that language evolved on tiktok?

−24

NicNicNicHS t1_jatmv5s wrote

people think that some words, including the words kill, suicide, murder, etc make them get hidden in the algorithm

there's also other common ones like sex being s3x or seggs, for the same reason

I don't know if anyone actually knows it those words hurt your discoverability or if it was just a hoax and people follow it because the algorithm is our almighty lord and we must follow its commands or else we will be forsaken by its light.

GaimanitePkat t1_jatqbg3 wrote

>I don't know if anyone actually knows it those words hurt your discoverability or if it was just a hoax and people follow it because the algorithm is our almighty lord and we must follow its commands or else we will be forsaken by its light.

Either way, it's shit. Let's downplay impactful terms like "Kill" because otherwise maybe you won't get a lot of views on TikTok!! O noooo, where will we be if people can't see our TikToks?! Might as well be dead! I mean, unalived!

NicNicNicHS t1_jauz2vn wrote

Welcome to corporate, we are all office everywhere now

GaimanitePkat t1_jatqom7 wrote

>Maybe go to a doctor if words cause physical distress

Thanks for the snark. Have you bothered to consider the implication of how we're deliberately making light of serious topics, just so we can entrench ourselves in spyware?

earsofdoom t1_jatr987 wrote

Bold of you to assume terminally online people ever leave the house.