Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

Zeus_McCloud t1_jda4dng wrote

Attempting to lend one to someone was more drama to begin with than it was even worth.

She was a single mother from class (university) asking for new books to read. However, she wasn't into genre fiction, and I was. I gave her something fairly tame, and that I didn't mind so much if I didn't get back. She tried to start it, but something got in the way, and because kids exist, it eventually came back with a spill and warped pages. This was a calculated risk, and in this case, I got exactly what I expected. Hence, I didn't give her anything I couldn't stand losing.

At some point, not sure when, she (friend 1) also lent a copy of a DESIGNER magazine she reads and collects, to a mutal friend (friend 2), who friend 1 saw as lazy and stupid, and the mutual friend threw that magazine - which was a DESIGNER magazine - in the bin, not understanding the difference or what it meant to the friend 1 who gave it to her.

This was probably 14 years ago and I'm glad I'm not around either anymore, the former especially due to a host of dramas and high-strung personality, the other due to a party personality being all there really was.