Viewing a single comment thread. View all comments

PumpkinPieIsGreat t1_jdlhygk wrote

I'm not sure if cutting off social media is the solution. I think it will help but I think the big problem is your self esteem right now. Even if you aren't comparing yourself to others, there's gonna be that voice in your head telling you that you can't do anything good.

I think you need to channel more time into looking for work - (which is also totally soul sucking, many places expect way too much (lots of experience even at entry level) or they don't even bother to let you know it you are hired or they ask ridiculous interview questions.) I think part of your issue is that you feel bad about yourself right now.

The other thing is maybe getting some fresh air more, look after yourself, make sure you drink water and go on walks.

If you do want to stay on social media try looking at other things. Tell yourself you'll allow X amount of time looking at reading content, and the rest you can look at recipes or other categories.

Read what you actually want to read. Get rid of the notion of "having to" and "essential read" and decide for yourself what YOU like, not what you think you have to read.